Take advantage of the early bird registration until September 1, 2013
Single Occupancy, $1350.00
Double Occupancy, $1,200.00
Local Rate without accommodations: $1,100.00
Local Rate without accommodations or golf: $850.00
After September 1
Single Occupancy, $1,650.00
Double Occupancy, $1,500.00
Double Occupancy: This rate is applicable if two individuals plan to register to attend all functions of the summit; meetings, F&B functions, Golf but choose to share accommodations. Both would register and select the double occupancy rate and in the companion field note each others name
Local Rate: These rates are specifically for individuals who live locally and do not need hotel accommodations and/or choose not to play golf at Pinehurst No. 2.
Non-Attendee Companion: If you have a companion that wishes to join you, but does not plan on attending the conference, any of the group F&B functions and golf, there is no need to register the companion as they would not be included in the Summit. Only the person attending the Summit would register and select the single occupancy rate.
Donald Ross and the Art of Golf Architecture Restoration: A celebration at Pinehurst.
Keynote Speakers: Tom Doak, Tom Fazio and Rees Jones!
November 10-12, 2013
A century after he began to transform the American sports landscape, Donald Ross continues to hold a defining place in the history of golf course design. In this intensive and enjoyable three-day engagement at the famed Pinehurst Resort, Golfweek magazine is coordinating a program that will help attendees appreciate the art and craft of Ross' work. We will also be showing people how to enhance and recapture that magic at their own home courses.
Our program includes architects, historians, turf experts, financial consultants, golf pros, green chairmen and superintendents -- all of them with extensive first-hand experience in bringing back to life their Ross courses. Learn from the experts, and also enjoy golf at Ross' most famous and most recently restored gem, Pinehurst No. 2, home to the 2014 U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open.
Included in the registration fee;
- Check in: Sunday, November 10
- Check out: Tuesday, November 11
Guest Speakers will include*;
Schedule of Events*
Sunday, November 10
Check In: Pinehurst Resort
7:00pm: Welcome Reception
- Bradley S. Klein, Golfweek. "Donald Ross, Classical Architecture and Pinehurst"
- Bob Farren, Pinehurst Resort, Director of Grounds. "Maintaining Ross at Pinehurst"
- Ran Morrissett, Co-founder, GolfClubAtlas.com. "Restoration in the age of social media"
Monday, November 11
Breakfast in the Carolina Dining Room. Service starts at 6am
8:00am-9:30am: Golf - Pinehurst No. 2, tee time start
Lunch: On your own
4:00pm: Reception. Roundtable on Implementation at The Given Memorial Library and Tufts Archives
- Larry Hirsh, Golf Property Analysts. "The Master Plan as a Business Model"
- Scott Pool, Golf Course Architect. "Greenscape 3-D Technology and the Rescue of Classical Green Contours"
- Jeff Johnson, Superintendent, The Minikahda Club. "Restoration is only the start of the process"
7:30pm: Cocktail Reception
Debate, Discussion and G & A on the Future of Restoration
- Tom Doak
- Tom Fazio, ASGCA
- Rees Jones, ASGCATuesday, November 12
7:45am: Continental Breakfast Service Begins
8:00am: Roundtable on Implementation
- Peter Garvey, Director of Golf, Idle Hour CC, Ky.
- Jim Mrva, Director of Golf, Monroe GC, Rochester, NY. "The Role of the Golf Pro in Restoration"
- Paul Wold, Donald Ross Sportswear, (former) green chariman, Country Club of Rochester. "The Role of the Green Chairman"
Check Out: Pinehurst Resort
Optional Golf: will be available to attendees at other courses. More information will be provided after registration is received. Not included in registration fee
* Please note, schedule and some speakers are subject to change.
[email protected] /* */Cancellation Policy:
Closing Date Deadline (Deadline to register): October 1, 2013
Prior to October 1: $100 Cancellation Fee
After October 1: No Refund